Remember that intimate conversation you had with your son? The one where you said, “I love you and I need you to know that no matter how a woman dresses or acts, it is not an invitation to cat call, taunt, harass or assault her”?
Or when you told your son, “A woman’s virginity isn’t a prize and sleeping with a woman doesn’t earn you a point”?
How about the heart-to-heart where you lovingly conferred the legal knowledge that “a woman doesn’t have to be fighting you and you don’t have to be pinning her down for it to be RAPE. Intoxication means she can’t legally consent, NOT that she’s an easy score.”
Or maybe you recall sharing my personal favorite, “Your sexual experiences don’t dictate your worth just like a woman’s sexual experiences don’t dictate hers.”
Last but not least, do you remember calling your son out when you discovered he was using the word “slut” liberally? Or when you overheard him talking about some girl from school as if she were more of a conquest than a person?
I want you to consider these conversations and then ask yourself why you don’t remember them. The likely reason is because you didn’t have them. In fact, most parents haven’t had them.”
have you ever heard a cute boy giggle its literally life changing
I read the article and really what pissed me off more than anything was this dude talking about teen girls. Like he basically used very flowery metaphors to talk about vaginas and girls getting wet and he wrote it all in a really creepy gross way and I am so not ok with that. Yeah he was rude to 1D but as Harry said (while smiling I might add) “oh it’s easy to have a pop at the kids from x factor, thing is his kids are coming to our show saturday…” like 1D are laughing all the way to the stadium and back and then to the bank so they can buy their amazing houses and invest in gold and art. What I have a real problem with is condensing the whole of the female fan experience into some gross out sexual innuendo. Yeah I bet 1D has been a sexual awakening for a lot of girls, but why don’t we talk about the fact that there is a mostly positive community of fanfiction writers, blog runners, girls who do amazing edits on photoshop that could be used for fucking graphic design jobs, girls who have become friends with each other and find great happiness in listening to One Direction because they actually like the music, or even girls who just find them to be attractive and that gives them joy as well or just the people who could write a fucking AU fanfic of a journalist meeting the boys better than that GQ article. It’s boring and tired to hear metaphor after metephor for the fact that a lot of girls get excited and scream at their concerts GUESS WHAT I DON’T CARE YOU BURBERRY LEATHER JACKET WEARING TWAT.
Things that don’t make you less of a feminist:
- Being in a loving relationship.
- Being submissive.
- Wearing makeup.
- Being a housewife.
- Wearing dresses.
- High heels.
Things that do make you less of a feminist:
- Shaming women for doing any of these things.
Yes. 10000x thank you.
What I Mean When I Say I’m Sex-Positive
- I think freedom of sexuality is something that we all need and very few of us have
- I think sexual pleasure is a legitimate thing to want and ethically pursue
- I do not judge people for the (consensual) sex that they have or want
- I will not tolerate slut-shaming
- I will not tolerate hatred of people based on gender or orientation (including asexual)
- I will not tolerate hatred of sex workers
- I believe comprehensive, honest, non-judgmental sex education is necessary for public health and happiness
- I think understanding of sexual consent—what it is, why it matters—is sorely lacking in society and crucially important
- I reject preconceptions of what kind of sexuality a person should have, whether these preconceptions are based on gender, age, culture, disability, survivor status, or basically anything else
- I value people’s individual freedom of choice in determining their sex lives (including the choices not to have sex)
What I Don’t Mean
- Everyone should have sex
- Everyone should have kinky, non-monogamous, exhibitionistic, pansexual sex
- Accepting someone’s sexuality means you have to participate in it, watch them engage in it, or hear about it in detail
- Nothing related to sex is ever hurtful for anyone
- Feminism should be all about sex
- Sex fixes everything
YOU’RE THE GUY THAT SCREWED US
AT LEAST I HAD THE COURTESY TO DO IT FROM THE FRONT
but you know what?
Ed rose up from a homless teen in london, couch surfing and gigging non-stop
to selling out stadiums, performing at MSG, the Queen’s Jubilee, and the Olympics.
His album sold multi-platinum all over the world.
He did it himself, without conforming or taking shit from anyone.
So no matter who made the speech tonight,
Ed Sheeran is most definitely a winner.
i don’t care if it was a joke or not. what she did was wrong. he gets enough of this every day from people he doesnt even know in the media. this is somebody who knows more about his life than most, and to embarrass him in public just to boost her pathetic ego is so wrong. harry is 19 years old and the kindest boy in the world at that. everything he does is out of love for somebody else. they need to stop putting the entire world on his shoulders and leave him alone. so does she.